1. Watching sailboats on the Charles River, their white sails floating above the water as in a dream.
2. The way blood beads on clean incisions.
3. Recording human reactions to his animal noises.
4. The swift transition from joy to despair when he gives children candy and then wrenches it away.
5. Logs rotting.
6. The sheer mass of nails and hair that he’s accumulated over the years, the continual nature of his body’s shedding.
8. Yo Yo Ma.
9. The taste of tears, his and others’.
10. Yoghurt smeared over coarse surfaces.
11. Seasonal sweaters.
13. Fire, its complete and utter destruction, embers glowing in the ash of a ruined life.
Photo credit: stockimages from freedigitalphotos.net